[orm-devel] documentation:

Charles Brandt lists at st.imul.us
Wed Mar 31 04:05:57 CEST 2004

> Good documentation will make it
> easier for new users to come on board the ORM bandwagon, will likely
> make it more popular and therefore increase the number of eyes and
> brains reviewing and improving the code.

Continuing along this line of thought, I was curious what people would think
about a shift away from using ORM in the context of a name to something more
unique like Object Membrane.  I ask because "ORM" is often used in general
discussions to refer to the broader concept of Object Relational Mapping,
and someone looking for a specific ORM implementation might over look Object
Membrane assuming it is a reference to the broader topic.  This shift might
also allow Google to index various resources more appropriately.  I don't
mind either way, and I know the abbreviation is easier to type...  Maybe
this is a non-issue.

-Charles