[orm-devel] SelectByPrimaryKey problem

Werner F. Bruhin orm-devel@mailman.tux4web.de
Sun, 02 Mar 2003 11:34:01 +0100

Hi Diedrich,

I am back to trying to solve this problem.

My current test script does this:

result = ds.select(test, ID=45)
w2 = result.fetchone()
print w2  - no problem up to here

w2 = ds.selectByPrimaryKey(test, 45)
print w2

On the selectByPrimaryKey I get Illegal Primary key - see line 334 of
orm.datasource.

When I debug "result" from line 332 it is always empty.

The code runs through:

selectByClause - I think no problem here
runSelect - I think no problem here
selectResult - here we do have a problem, this returns none (we only
touch __init__, which does not provide a return value), which returns to
runSelect and it sets result to the return value of none.

If I comment 334 to 336 the code works, but obviously no check is done.

My question:  what are you trying to check at that moment?  Is there
something returned by the other DB's at that point, if yes what?

See you
Werner