[orm-devel] default column value

Diedrich Vorberg diedrich at tux4web.de
Wed Mar 31 11:16:13 CEST 2004

Hi Charles,

>I was wondering if there was a way to set a default value for a column.  I
>checked in th column class and didn't see any mention of it, but I wanted to
>make sure I wasn't missing something.  Would be handy for things like
>creation times in datetime columns.  Maybe I'll look into adding that after
>some of these documention updates.  Thanks!

just use your backend's DEFAULT functionality. If you do not set a
dbobject's attribute explicitly the corresponding column will not be
mentioned in the INSERT statement generated by orm.

Diedrich

--
Diedrich Vorberg <diedrich at tux4web.de>      .---.   /             \
http://tux4web.de Tel: 02302 425269        /     \ ((__-^^-,-^^-__))