[orm-devel] Some questions

Werner F. Bruhin orm-devel@mailman.tux4web.de
Sun, 02 Mar 2003 19:00:19 +0100

Hi Diedrich,

Will move firebird/adbase up in a moment.  While trying to get it to
work (nearly there) I "found" some questions.

- Is there a way to define the foreign key columns - i.e. override the
default parenttable_id format to e.g. FK_whatever?

- BTW - the second address append uses the wrong object (home again
instead of atwork) - Will you fix this for msql and postgre or should I?

I am actually surprised that the append issues an Update, should we not
have to do the append first, and it only inserts the person id into the
address object and then do the insert for the address (no update).  The
current approach will NOT work if the DB enforces integrity or just does
not allow null in person_id.

- Is storing the height and width of the picture some db requirement?

- Where do I get the PIL/image module from?  - the import throws an
error that it can't find it.

See you
Werner