[orm-devel] select problem

Werner F. Bruhin orm-devel@mailman.tux4web.de
Sat, 01 Mar 2003 12:13:38 +0100

Hi Diedrich,

I figured out the cause of the select problem.

- Column names in the db are in capital letters.
- Column names in the class definition are in lower case

During the select ORM compares the column description returned by
kinterbasdb to the class definition and fails and fills the value with
None (see around line 175 of orm.dbclass.

I see in the code that there is a column name and an attribute name -
does this mean I can define column name as "WINENAME" and attribute as
"winename" to solve this problem?

If yes, can you give me a sample class definition to do this, so I can
update fbgen.

If no, what do you suggest to get over this (using lower case in db does
not work, as somewhere along the line they get converted to upper).

BTW - just noticed, looking for doc on the class def format,  the spell
error on the web page - Sing up .... mailinglist  should be "Sign up".

See you
Werner