[orm-devel] shh closed

Julio Rommi Oņa Miranda orm-devel@mailman.tux4web.de
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 22:15:19 -0400

Hi Eric,

This was a long end year to me. I have no posibility to work in anything but
I'm back.

I've tried yesterday to connect to the cvs server but it tell me thet the ssh
port was closed. Could you open it again? thanks.

By the way I had a little change in the Datasource object that would allow to
use any driver besides mysql and postgres without modifying the source code.

On this direction I woud like to make orm definitions driver independent. I
mean no mather if you use mysql or postgres or any other a field definition
should no change. This implies to select a group of columns types and
simulate them where no available.

This should no limit the program to use more than a driver any given moment.
So you could have two or more diferent Datasources connected to diferent
databases.

Ok, this implies other things too. I a object is related to a Datasource what
should happen when is associated to another different? How a copy should
work? or a migration?

Well, just ideas while I begin to finish my work.

Regards to all.

--
Julio