[orm-devel] What do you think should go into 1.0?

Eric Walstad orm-devel@mailman.tux4web.de
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 22:15:51 -0800

Diedrich,
I forgot to mention that I have a PostgreSQL view with an "interval"
data type:
                  View "funding_summary"
     Column     |            Type             | Modifiers
---------------+-----------------------------+-----------
  fsid          | integer                     |
  days_remain   | interval                    |

Notice that days_remain is of type interval, which when rendered looks like:
SELECT days_remain FROM funding_summary LIMIT 1;
  days_remain
-------------
  213 days
(1 row)

I'm just starting to play around with this view, but I'm assuming that I
should have a dbclass definition like this:
class funding_summary(dbclass):
     columns = {"fsid"           :integer(),
                "days_remain"    :varchar()}

That is, that the "interval" type should be a "varchar" orm column.  Is
it reasonable to request you add an alias for interval types?

Thanks,

Eric.
--

Eric Walstad