[orm-devel] What do you think should go into 1.0?

Eric Walstad orm-devel@mailman.tux4web.de
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 22:06:01 -0800

Diedrich,

Diedrich Vorberg wrote:
> The subject says it.
>
> What are your experiances in terms of stability?
My experience so far is that your work is very stable.

> Are there any
> features you keep avoiding because you can't rely on them?  Or because
 > they didn't work as you expected?
I'm still unable to use column type 'float' but it is working for me to
just use varchar instead.  I admit that I haven't tried to understand
why it isn't working for me.  But, varchar column type does work for me
for now, so I'm just going to stick with it until I *have* to learn the
details of the float column type.  :P

> Do you use ORM in a production
> environment and how is development going?
Sort of.  I'm porting a financial tracking application from MS Access
2000 to wxPython.  This is my first wxPython app and I thought this
would be a good exercise for learning.  It is.  I like it a lot,
especially the cross-platform feature.  Orm is fitting in nicely with
the app.  I like that orm's interface is simple, and intuitive, much
like Python itself.

Best regards,

Eric.