[orm-devel] Re catching failed connections

Mike Watkins orm-devel@mailman.tux4web.de
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 17:44:03 -0800

Diedrich,

Your changes are working great. However, there is a bug in
psql/datasource.py, line 254

             if self._dbfailures > seld._ERRORS_BEFORE_RECONNECT:
s/b:
             if self._dbfailures > self._ERRORS_BEFORE_RECONNECT:

Although the code more or less works as desired due to the try: except:
block its in.

FYI to put a load on things I'm running the Apache Benchmark util 'ab'

ab -n 1000 http://full.path.toyour.com/

ab -n 1000 -c 4 http://full.path.toyour.com/

-n - number of page accesses
-c concurrency level

With ab its possible to easily put a big big load on a site; I'm not really
surprised to see failed connections and other strangeness, but its
important that long running web processes don't get locked up. The new
addition to ORM does the trick!

Mike