[orm-devel] Automatic table modufication (was: orm)

Eric Walstad orm-devel@mailman.tux4web.de
Sat, 07 Dec 2002 12:47:46 -0800

Hi Uwe,

Admin wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> 	I appreciate what your saying and I agree that ORM shouldn't do full on
> schema management.
>
> What I'm proposing is a way to minimize maintenance for us programmers.
>
> The way it stands at present we need to keep the ORM object and the SQL
> table defs in line manually. Mikes code could be enhanced, if we found a
> notation for relationships (see earlier post "Re: [orm-devel] Re: ORM"),
> to return the class def to ORM based on the table schema.
>
> Uwe.
Ah, I think I understand now.  So you want to be able to make changes to
the schema and then have orm automagically pick up those changes(?).  It
looks like Mike's "generate_orm.py" script is a good start.

Eric.