[orm-devel] Numeric/float prob committing (was: Introduction, thanks and a couple of comments on the 0.7 release)

Diedrich Vorberg orm-devel@mailman.tux4web.de
Sat, 7 Dec 2002 02:07:20 +0100

Hi,

>I think I found the problem...
>It works like a charm  :)

you are right! Nice sleuthing(*) indeed!

This never occurred to me, because I keep my model in a seperate
module.

I'm a little reluctant to change the identifyer, because it would
break the overall naming scheme. Can you live with seperating the
dbclass' definition in another module? Alternatively you could

  from orm.columns import float as orm_float

On the other hand this is a subtle pitfall for anyone working with
orm. If someone does

   # model.py
   from orm.columns import *

   # program.py
   from model import *

he's got the same problem....

I'll think some about it. Do you guys have to do a lot of
modifications if the float type is renamed?

Diedrich

(*) learned a new word today. Say Mike... is this Canadian? :-)
--
           _..._                            Diedrich Vorberg
         .'     '.
        | (o)_(o) |                         info@tux4web.de
         //'._.'\ \           /     \       Internet Dienstleistungen
        //   .   \ \          \.@-@./       und 'Consulting'.
       |\   :     / |        //  _  \\      Linux Rules!