[orm-devel] Re: Unified Connection Strings

Ross J. Reedstrom orm-devel@mailman.tux4web.de
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 10:06:42 -0600

On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 10:33:31AM +0100, Diedrich Vorberg wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> there is a version with a unified format for connection strings in the
> CVS repository.
>
> the orm.datasource.datasource docstring:
>
>     """
>     Return a ORM datasource object constructed from a connection string.
>
>     The connection strings follow the conventions for PostgreSQL DSNs:
>     they consist of keyword=value pairs seperated with whitespace.
>     Keywords recognized are:
>
>     adapter  - name of the ORM adapter used. Use the name from the
>                adapters/ directory.

Yeah, about that: the PostgreSQL adapter is currently named 'psql'. That's
unfortunate, since the usual shorthand is 'pgsql', with 'psql' resevered
for the commandline interface tool. How do people feel about changing it?
renaming directories in CVS is a right pain, I know, but the confusion
factor is definitely there.

Ross